Dosing and Education
Tincture Dosing 101 (Delta 8 Dosing below)
- Identifying your CBD Tincture dose (Start with 1/2 of the below suggestion when taking Delta 8)
The “right” amount of CBD will differ from person to person, as each of us are unique and metabolize the oils at different rates. Below are some general guidelines to help you determine your dose. Remember though, these are just guideline. Running a CBD DNA test will take the guesswork out. Click here to have your CBD DNA test run.
Use the chart below to help you determine your daily dose:
- Find your weight range under the category of Mild, Moderate or Strong below.
- Start small and increase the amount, as you feel better until you get the desired effect.
- Take half of your dose in the morning and the other half in the evening right before bed (If your dose is 30mg’s per day – take 15mg’s in the morning and 15 mg’s at night).
- If you are under a Dr’s care for any conditions, please consult your healthcare professional before using CBD.
- CBD dosing explained
- Each 1 oz. (30 mL) 1000mg bottle contains approximately 30 full droppers - one full dropper = 33.3mg's of oil.
EXAMPLE: If your suggested daily dose based on the chart is 30mg’s per day, you should take:
- ½ Dropper of a 1000 mg bottle 2 X’s per day
- How to use CBD Oil
- Shake the bottle well
- Squeeze and release the top of the dropper to fill it to the desired mark.
- Place the dropper under your tongue and squeeze the dropper to release the oil.
- Hold the oil under your tongue for at least 1 minute before swallowing. The longer you allow it to sit, the more you will absorb.
Delta 8 Starting Dose:
Start with a ¼ of 1 metered dropper (8 mg’s) to establish individual tolerance. Increase dose in increments of ¼ dropper to achieve desired effect.
Delta 8 Information
Size: 30ml of Full Spectrum Delta 8: 1000 mg’s (33.3 mg/mL) - Contains Less than 0.3% THC
Serving: One bottle provides 30 – 60 servings (2-month supply for the average person)
Ingredients: MCT Oil, Natural Hemp Extract (Delta 8), Hemp Derived Terpenes, and CBN
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR USE IN A VAPE!
Product Notes, Terms & Exclusions
- Delta 8 THC tincture can be moderately intoxicating to some. Do not drive or operate any machinery while using this product. Consult a doctor before using this product.
- This product is legal according to federal law and many state laws, as it’s 100% derived from legal hemp and contains below the 0.3 legal limit of ∆9 THC.
- We do not guarantee that this product is legal in your state or territory and it is up to you to determine that.
- There is a possibility that the delta 8 THC metabolites will trigger many drug tests looking for delta 9 THC. As a precaution, you should not take this product if you need to pass a drug test.
CBD EDUCATION (More Delta 8 Education below)
With so many products to choose from, we understand the challenge of finding the best quality product, most trustworthy company, and products manufactured in a proper laboratory setting.
Premium CBD derived from hemp is legal in all 50 states and contains powerful cannabinoids that help regulate your body’s Endocannabinoid System, which promotes homeostasis within the body.
CBD benefits continue to be studied, but known supports of cannabidiol include pain relief, a decrease in anxiety and depression, acne reduction, cancer related symptom relief, a reduction in high blood pressure, and benefits for those with neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and traumatic brain injury.
Another challenge is knowing where to purchase pure CBD. That can be tricky, so we've done some homework for you. We have researched and tested many products and want to bring that knowledge to you. Before you start, here are a couple of things we recommend.
- Assess your needs – what are your expectations, i.e. pain relief, anxiety control, inflammation reduction, more restful sleep, skin care - moisturizer, etc.
- What’s your Budget – Prices range from approximately .05 to .10 cents per mg and we pride ourselves on having the best product at a very competitive cost.
- Set the correct expectation – CBD is not a pain med but can help reduce the discomfort by addressing the underlying pathology of inflammation and oxidative stress. CBD has also been shown to be highly effective as a neuroprotectant which can help relieve pain as well as other medicinal benefits.
- Run a CBD DNA test to determine your correct dose. This is a once in a lifetime test that will help save you money and time. Click here for your CBD DNA Test. This will determine how your body metabolizes CBD, how often and how much CBD you should consume.
Types of CBD:
- Broad Spectrum (our CBD) - contains multiple cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant but doesn’t contain THC.
- Isolate - contains only CBD with no other cannabinoids
- Full Spectrum - (our Delta 8) contains all cannabinoids naturally found in the cannabis plant, including .3% THC.
HOW IS CANNABIDIOL DIFFERENT FROM MARIJUANA?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. While CBD is a component of marijuana (one of hundreds), by itself it does not cause a “high.” According to a report from the World Health Organization, “In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential…. To date, there is no evidence of public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
IS CANNABIDIOL LEGAL?
CBD is readily obtainable in most parts of the United States, though its exact legal status is in flux. All 50 states have laws legalizing CBD with varying degrees of restriction, and while the federal government still considers CBD in the same class as marijuana, it doesn’t habitually enforce against it. In December 2015, the FDA eased the regulatory requirements to allow researchers to conduct CBD trials. Currently, many people obtain CBD online without a medical cannabis license. The government’s position on CBD is confusing, and depends in part on whether the CBD comes from hemp or marijuana. The legality of CBD is expected to change, as there is currently bipartisan consensus in Congress to make the hemp crop legal.
THE EVIDENCE FOR CANNABIDIOL HEALTH BENEFITS
CBD has been touted for a wide variety of health issues, but the strongest scientific evidence is for its effectiveness in treating some of the cruelest childhood epilepsy syndromes, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), which typically don’t respond to antiseizure medications. In numerous studies, CBD was able to reduce the number of seizures, and in some cases, it was able to stop them altogether. Videos of the effects of CBD on these children and their seizures are readily available on the Internet, and they are quite striking. Recently the FDA approved the first ever cannabis-derived medicine for these conditions, Epidiolex, which contains CBD.
Anxiety and Insomnia:
CBD is commonly used to address anxiety, and for patients who suffer through the misery of insomnia, studies suggest that CBD may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep.
CBD may offer an option for treating different types of chronic pain. A study from the European Journal of Pain showed, using an animal model, CBD applied on the skin could help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. Another study demonstrated the mechanism by which CBD inhibits inflammatory and neuropathic pain, two of the most difficult types of chronic pain to treat. More study in humans is needed in this area to substantiate the claims of CBD proponents about pain control.
IS CANNABIDIOL SAFE?
Side effects of CBD include nausea, fatigue and irritability. CBD can increase the level in your blood of the blood thinner coumadin, and it can raise levels of certain other medications in your blood by the exact same mechanism that grapefruit juice does. A significant safety concern with CBD is that it is primarily marketed and sold as a supplement, not a medication. Currently, the FDA does not regulate the safety and purity of dietary supplements. We at Pure Southern Health post the COA's (Certificate of Authenticity) on our website so that you know what you are getting and can be rest assured that the dosing on the bottle is correct.
THE BOTTOM LINE ON CANNABIDIOL
Many CBD manufacturers have come under government scrutiny for wild, indefensible claims, such as CBD is a cure-all for cancer, which it is not. We need more research to determine all the benefits of CBD. Our goal here at Pure Southern Health is to sift through all the information on the internet and other print sources and provide you with accurate and easy to understand up to date facts. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date.
A major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant extract. Extensive research has demonstrated CBD to be a powerful antioxidant and has the potential to treat a myriad of ischemic, age-related, inflammatory, and auto-immune disorders.
The simplest phytocannabinoid definition is any cannabinoid produced in the trichomes of a cannabis plant. When extracted from the plant and consumed, phytocannabinoids interact with our body's receptors to produce numerous effects.
Delta 9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - The phytocannabinoid that is responsible for the psychoactive effects of medical cannabis.
Cannabichromene (CBC) - May contribute to the overall analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal effects of medical cannabis.
Cannabinol (CBN) - A non-psychoactive cannabinoid with analgesic properties that reportedly aids in sleep and appetite regulation.
KEY CANNABIS TERPENES
A wide spectrum of non-psychoactive molecules that are known to act on neural receptors and neurotransmitters, enhance norepinephrine activity, and increase dopamine activity.
IN ITS ORIGINAL STATE, TRUE FULL SPECTRUM WHOLE HEMP EXTRACT CONTAINS 3% - 4% THC AND MUST BE DILUTED TO LESS THAN 0.3% THC FOR HEMP-DERIVED CBD PRODUCT FORMULATION.
Cannabidivarin (CBDV) - A homolog of cannabidiol (CBD) that has been reported to have powerful anti-convuslive effects.
Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) - A non-psychoactive precursor and regulator of various key phytocannabinoids.
Cannabigerivarin (CBGV) - The propyl homologue of cannabigerol (CBG), CBGV has been shown to be holding great potential for treating cancer. CBGV was shown to be cytostatic in leukaemic cells and caused a simultaneous arrest at all phases of the cell cycle.
Cannabigerol (CBG) - The non-acidic form of cannabigerolic acid. Cannabigerol is an apoptogenic molecule and is the “parent molecule” from which several other cannabinoids are made.
What is a Delta 8 Tincture?
Our Delta 8 tinctures are full spectrum hemp extract with cannabinoids, and terpenes for maximum effectiveness. We use MCT as the carrier oil. The terpenes give this product a plant taste, so be aware of that.
Delta-8 is a rare form of THC. It has the same chemical formula as common delta-9 THC, but the atoms bond differently. Sunlight weakens delta-9’s atomic bonds… and with enough exposure, the molecule relaxes into the delta-8 formation. Research suggests that delta-8 on its own isn’t psychoactive. The compound seems to support immunity, prevents nausea, and stimulates appetite.
Peer-reviewed studies of delta-8 THC, pain, cancer, memory & more
Delta-8 THC Fights Pain
Cannabis Cannabinoid Research. February 2018. The Cannabinoids Δ8THC, CBD, and HU-308 Act via Distinct Receptors to Reduce Corneal Pain and Inflammation.
Scratched corneas tend to be very painful. This study with mice reports that topical delta-8 THC reduced their pain sensitivity and inflammation.
A contributor to the study is Panag Pharma, a Canadian biotech company focused on new approaches to pain management.
Delta-8 THC Stimulates Appetite
Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. 2004 April. “Very low doses of delta 8-THC increase food consumption and alter neurotransmitter levels following weight loss.”
This study from Hebrew University reports that micro doses of delta-8-THC seemed to encourage appetite in mice.
Over nine days the delta-8 rodents’ daily food consumption increased 16 percent. Over 50 days it increased by 22 percent.
The researchers studied delta-9 too. Delta-8 was the more effective appetite stimulant.
Delta-8 THC Helps Protect Memory
Many researchers have reported that delta-8 seems to improve memory and other cognitive functions in mice. It seems to help boost acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that supports learning and memory. Low levels of this neurotransmitter are associated with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Delta-8 THC Prevents Nausea
Life Sciences. May 1995. “An efficient new cannabinoid antiemetic in pediatric oncology.”
This study comes from an Israeli hospital. Eight children with leukemia were undergoing chemotherapy, and the treatment was making them vomit. Doctors gave the children delta-8 oil to prevent nausea. The youngest child was age three and the eldest was 13.
Researchers found that edible delta-8 THC oil correlated with a complete absence of vomiting from chemotherapy; it seemed to prevent sickness. Also, high doses of delta-8 did not seem psychoactive.
- Antiemetic:A drug used to combat nausea or vomiting.
- Anxiolytic:A drug that fights anxiety or panic.
- Appetite-stimulating:Self-explanatory. This is the compound that gives you the munchies. For those with wasting syndrome, this is important to know.
- Analgesic:A class of drugs used to relieve pain. This is a mild form of a painkiller.
- Neuroprotective:Provides support for nerve cells.